Monday, April 25, 2011

Baha Camp

A few weeks ago I went to Baha Camp with Baha, Bapa and my cousins Sam and Ethan. Baha and Bapa are my mom’s mom and dad. We went to Zion’s National Park. It was 261 miles away. I know because my Utah map told me so. When we first started driving to Zion’s Baha let me hold the GPS so I would know where we were. I told them whenever we had driven a mile or passed an exit or city. It was a lot of fun.  It wasn’t very long before Baha said she needed to hold the GPS. I guess she wanted to know where she was too.

Did you know there are signs on the interstate every mile telling you what mile you are on? Once I learned this I was able to keep everyone updated every mile even though I didn’t have the GPS.

Once we got to Zion’s went on a lot of hikes. There were signs that said dogs weren’t allowed.

“Well Baha, it’s a good thing Buckler is invisible.”

I don’t know why Baha laughed. She seemed to do that a lot when I talked about Buckler. I guess I’m just funny.

At the beginning of every hike I went on there were maps. I like maps. My Baha gave me a US Road Atlas that I loved but she left at her house. I keep asking her about it but she keeps forgetting. Whenever we saw a map I had to show Sam and Ethan where we were and tell everyone where we were going. It is important to always know your location in case of an emergency.  

Sam and Ethan weren’t as excited about the maps. I don’t know why.




I think maps are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment