Monday, June 4, 2012

What came first the closet or the hanger?

1. Can you tell me who invented hanger and when they first started being used in the general public?

Answer: I do not know who invented hangers. This is what I think.  First someone invented a coat closet.  And then they invented hangers so their wet coats wouldn’t get ruined by being on a wet floor.

2.  What are 10 things you want to do when you grow up?

Answer: 1. Become a detective when I’m 12.     2. Become a teacher when I am 26.     3. Become a scientist when I am 32.   4. Become a storm chaser when I am 20.   5.  Study lots of things.   6. Ride an airplane.    7. Go to another country.    8. Go out in outer space.   9. Go under the ocean in a submarine.  10. Go to a planet we don’t know about yet.

3. What is an “idiom” is and give me three examples?

An idiom is when what you say isn’t what your really talking about.

Hit the nail on the head.  Meaning: When you use a hammer you have to hit the nail right on the head so the it will go straight. So When someone says you hit the nail on the head that means you have said or done something just right. 

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Meaning: It means that you shouldn’t act like you have something before you have it.

Land of Nod. Meaning: To be in the “land of Nod” means to be asleep.

4. If the coat closet in your living room opened up to a whole other place, where would you want it to open, and why?

I would want to go to the time of the dinosaurs, right before dark. Because I want to see a real live Pterandon. I would want it to be right before dark because T-rexs are diurnal (that means they are awake in the day) and they get sleepy right before dark.

Thanks for the questions Darcy. I have some for your Darcy board. Here they are.

1. If there was such thing as a magic tree house and it could take you to any place and time where would you go? I would want to go way back in time to when the earth was formed.

2. If would want to go to another planet or moon or dwarf planet where would you go? Just so you know there are 6 dwarf planets.

3. If you went under water wish fish would you expect to see?

4. If it were possible to fly how many feet will you be able to fly?

No comments:

Post a Comment