Friday, June 3, 2011

44

My dad and I like to play games together. One game we are playing now is King's Quest. In King's Quest they use roman numerals. I thought they were cool so I learned how to read them. King's Quest 4 in roman numerals is KQ IV. Did you know my visual dictionary has a section called "Useful Data" that talks about roman numerals? It shows the roman numerals up to to 20 and then has some of the bigger numbers too. It also has a section on measurement conversions that is pretty interesting.

When my mom was making lunch I found some letters and made the roman nemural 44.

  I showed it to her and told her it was 44. She wasn't sure what I was talking about at first, then I told her it was roman numerals. She thought it was cool. I wanted to make some more roman numerals but we only had one X, L, I and V magnet.  I guess I will have to stick with arabic numbers. Mom says they are easier to read anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen,

    It's great that you are learning Roman numbers, but your mom is right, Arabic numbers are easier. Let me teach you how to count to ten in Afrikaans. Afrikaans is one of the languages that they speak in South Africa, where Aunt Belinda was born.

    Een, twee, drie, vier, vyf, ses, sewe, agt, nege, tien. I bet your mom could teach you how to count to ten in Japanese if you don't already know. Have a great day.


    -Uncle Daniel



    Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_count_from_1_to_10_in_Afrikaans#ixzz1QbOsQI00

    ReplyDelete